Saturday, September 27, 2014

Project #6

C4K Summary for September
For the month of September, I have had the privilege to get to know Quziyah. She is a brilliant year 8 student at Pt England in Auckland, NZ. Quziyah is like most kids her age. She loves to run and hang out with her friends. She enjoys going to the fields, near her home, with her parents for picnics.
The first post I read was about a learning tool to help student’s breakdown information they are reading. The tool was called “The 6 Hats Learning Tool”. Basically each hat a different color and each color represented something different to find out in her research. I liked the tool and found it beneficial. I would definitely use it in college. I feel it helps the work not seem so overwhelming when it can be put into groups.
Quziyah’s second post was focused on learning synonyms for one set word. Her word was “lots”, and she had over 10 words that could replace the root word the teacher gave her. This would really help students who do not have a strong vocabulary. Also, this is great for students who do have a strong vocabulary and want to build on to it. It helps both styles. It can show students the really do not know everything and can learn any given day. I, myself, learned new synonyms for the words lots.
The last post was done using Google Presentation. Quziyah did a math presentation showing how to turn fractions into decimals. Within the 4 slides she provided, she gave easy to follow instructions along with examples. I told her it is important not to clutter and she did a great job not doing it. There was enough space to know what was going on.
I have enjoyed getting to know Quziyah’s academic side. She is very bright and you can tell she loves school by the work she does in her blogs. She seems to have enthusiasm about learning and that will be one key factor to why she is a success. I would not be surprised if she becomes an educator. Quziyah has a natural teaching approach in her post. I am glad we get to know student’s outside of our classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment