Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Outline:
"Who am I?"
-name
-age
-where I am from
-where and when I graduated high school

"Why do I want to be an educator?"
-encourage students to learn things out of their comfort zone
-be a positive role model
-give teachers a better representation

"What does an educator do in his or her practice?"
-teach
-encourage
-character building
-give advice

"What are my passions?"
-helping others
- working out
-spending time with loved ones

My name is Cortnee Meyers. I am from Greenville, Alabama. On January 27, 2015 I will turn 22 years old. After graduating high school in 2011, I moved to Scooba, Mississippi where I was on a softball scholarship. My maternal and paternal grandfathers had bad health problems and sadly one passed away. Dealing with that kind of heart ache was not easy for myself or my family so I moved closer to home and attended Lurleen B. Wallace. There, I was honored to play once again at the collegiate level. I graduated from LBW and went to my first four year university, Alabama State University.

Once at ASU, I continued to play softball, but as a walk on. I played "fall ball" as we all call it, and once I returned for the spring semester decided not to play anymore due to my job. I was not able to go from class, to work, to practice, and back to work anymore. The reason being is we started practicing much longer hours. So, I left the softball team and finished out the semester working and going to school. I was not happy at ASU, to say the least. Therefore, I transferred one last time to USA. I love it here. The faculty is kind and helpful. The campus is beautiful and mostly, I love the recreation center!

I am looking forward to becoming an educator. I will make it a mission to encourage students to learn things out of their comfort zone. Many people are so scared of change and things out of their normal surroundings, that they are discouraged to branch out and learn different things. With teachers spending so much time with students, it is very important that we are role models for them and give them a good example to go by. Most importantly I want to give teachers a good reputation. Many teachers get a bad rep from students. I know this, because I have heard many people complain that teachers do not care about their students, or choose favorites, or many other things. I would like to be the teacher to put a end to some of those complaints. I do realize I will not be liked by everyone, that is not my intentions. Change starts with one person and grows like a wild fire. I can be that change.

Teachers have certain standards they must meet every school year. These standards must be taught to the children and taught in a way they can retain the information, not just memorize it. Also, teachers are in charge of making sure the students well being is a top priority. They make sure they are safe, and if they sense any foul play in the home setting, they must report that to the necessary people.


I love to workout and stay physically fit. I am working on eating more healthy and would like to improve my mental strength as well. I believe praying and growing closer to God, along with yogo will help with that mental toughness I want.

Lastly, I just love spending time with my loved ones. I love to talk and to laugh. I would say I am your typical girl, but what is the fun in that. We are all unique, and I enjoying discovering what makes people unique. It is always very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment